Monday, January 11, 2010

The beginning of my journey with "blogging"


This picture says it all. This journey I call my life has been nothing short of 'eventful'. Bumps, bruises, tears, laughter, yelling, more laughing, fights, making up, and so on and so on and so on. All of it has been worth every second though.
So hello world, if you read my profile then you know my name is Aimee and I am starting my first 'real' blog. What I will talk about is going to be the interesting thing being at the moment I have no clue what to type now! I have titled this blog (i'm not sure if it is always going to be the same title or not, bare with me/i am learning more every second) 'daily battles leave me fulfilled'. It's funny because I created this profile back in July this last year and never had the patience to really keep it going. I read the title now and I can remember the reasoning then and I am glad that I chose it because I think it will serve as an amazing reminder of how I should choose to look at the that day when it's over.
Well, let's get started. There are many different areas in my life that could be talked about, but today has been an exhausting one. The fact that this blogging thing was the hardest thing ever for me to set up because my dang page kept shutting off and I had to retype my profile 3 times (sorry but the 1st one was the best, yall are getting a lame 3rd version of me) was just the start to this long day. My sister in law is at this very moment SUPPOSED to be packing because she is moving all the way to Australia tomorrow to go to college at the Hillsong United College there. As of right now though she is currently getting 'guilt trips' from all directions (hahaha) for not talking to all of us before she leaves. We love her dearly and it's gonna be crazy not getting to talk to her on the phone or getting to see her this summer! The delays on Skype are not nearly as fulfilling as the real deal (like that audge? we just hung up with eachother). On top of that emotional stuff, I have been chasing little crazy girls all over the place all day and they still are in their beds squirming at this very moment. Oh the joys of being 'mama' gotta love it! :)
I am currently one of the leaders of a ministry called Mothers With Grace with one of my best friends Jessica. She has been a leader for the 3 years it has been around and I am just on year 2. The craziness that goes in to constructing one meeting has been hard to get used to, but I think we have learned it pretty well. We have learned so much from eachother and the mamas that come and there are days when you just feel like you want to walk away because it's so hard to be a 'leader'. It's funny though, because everytime we get to that point God has intervened and showed us just exactly why we are still there. It has been nothing short of amazing.
Being a co-leader is just one thing in my life I have to focus on daily on top of wife and mom. Another huge thing that has changed in my life the last year is my health. March of last year I noticed a hard bump on my leg that hurt like a small bruise. Then a month later another one popped up. Then came another, until there were in between 18-21 depending on the day. The were these painful benign tumors that no one could explain why I was getting them. We tried seeing a doctor here, but when my only option was stripping my veins of all of them we went the homeopathic route. July I had to start a long deep detoxing diet. Boy, I had no clue how hard that would be or how long it would take or how sick I was about to find out I really was. I detoxed till the end of December and have been tumor free since August! Now I am trying to continue that same diet minus the detox pills with herbal supplements added and I am feeling great. Do I cheat on my diet??? Um. Yes. But that's another blog.
Tomorrow will be Day 2 of the new blogging thing. What will it bring us? I have no clue, hopefully something will come to me. I am going to go volunteer up at the church for childcare in the morning, because apparently I can not get enough of my own 3 kids that I am going to take on even more! hahaha... So off to bed because 7 am comes early with rushing Karyss onto the bus and feeding all these lil mouths. Goodnight to all and I will talk to you all soon and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment